1000 Calorie Diet
If you are looking for a quick way to lose a few pounds, here is 1000 calorie diet that can help you reach your goal. it is very important to note though that the minimum number of calories an adult woman should have should be around 1200. Eating 1000 calories per day is not a sustainable number to consume so make sure to not stay at this low number for more than a week.
Here are a few meal plans that will keep you around 1000 calorie diet per day.
- Cut up a banana and put it between 2 pieces of wholemeal bread. Add on a 200ml glass of orange juice to get a few extra vitamins.
- Apple Oatmeal: ½ c. water, ¾ c. skimmed milk, ⅓ c oatmeal, ½ an apple, ¼ t. cinnamon (208 calories)
- Banana Smoothie: ½ c. plain, low fat yogurt, 1t. honey, ½ banana, 1 c frozen berries, 1 T flxseeds, ½ c. waterblend (295 calories)
- Low fat yogurt (100g)
- 22 almonds (168 calories)
- 1 c. sliced fruit
- ½ oz. serving of nuts
- Mixed Green Salad: 50g lettuce, 50g of red or green sweet peppers, 10g spring onion, and light dressing
- Scrambled Egg on Toast: 1 large egg, 1 T fat-free milk, 1 slice whole wheat bread, ½ oz. low-fat shredded cheddar cheese (178 calories)
- Chicken Salad: ½ avocado, 3 oz. cooked chicken breast, 2 c. shredded lettuce, 6 cherry tomatoes, ½ c. sliced red pepper, 1 red onion, and 2 T low fat italian dressing (451 calories)
- Hamburger: 4 oz. lean ground beef, 1 T ketchup, ½ finely chopped onion, 1 egg white, 2 c. shredded lettuce, ½ c. cucumber, and 1 Tomato (315 calories)
- Pasta: 1 c. whole grain pasta and Marinara sauce
If you want to try following a 1000 calorie diet be prepared to be extremely low on energy. Because you will be deficient in many of your nutrients, your metabolism will slow down and rather than losing fat, you will be losing muscle. There is also a greater chance that there will be strong cravings and you will more likely binge as well. Again, make sure to not stay on a low calorie diet like this for an extended period of time.